- The Four Seasons Journey - SSW 2018
- Screening, Diagnostics, Pharmacology and Prescribing for Midwives - Griffith University 2017
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery - ACU 2012
- Transition to Practice Nurse Education Program The Newborn with Complex Health Needs - Mater Misericordiae Mothers Hospital 2008
- Bachelor of Health (Nursing) - CQU 2000
I am an Endorsed Private Practice Midwife following my calling in nurturing families to create informed, positive journeys through pregnancy, birth, and beyond. Graduating from Nursing at CQU in 2001 I specialised in Neonatal Care before I began my midwifery career in 2012. I have since worked in tertiary, private, and rural hospital settings and as Director of My Own Midwife GC. My experience in working with families has given me scope to holistically consider the individual needs of women and their families.
My passion lies in facilitating an empowering journey through the sharing of evidence-based knowledge, exploration of beliefs/fears, and transforming them to offer a connection to the innate power within. Childbirth is a deeply meaningful and significant event affecting the life-long journey of parenting and I have seen first-hand the effectiveness of trusted relationships between the midwife and client in creating a positive birth experience.
The ocean is my happy place with surfing being my favourite hobby along with baking and nature exploring.