- Bachelor of Nursing, Australian Catholic University 2013
- Post Graduate diploma of Midwifery, Latrobe University 2015
- Graduate certificate in Midwifery Prescribing and Diagnostics, Edith Cowan University 2018
- Australasian Lactation Course 2019
- International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants Examination 2020
I began my career in healthcare working as a nurse in 2013 at a large rural hospital in central Victoria. I graduated as a midwife in 2015 and worked as a core midwife for a number of years gaining experience in antenatal, birth and postpartum care. After working as a permanent night duty midwife for over a year; I moved into the hospitals midwifery group practice (MGP) where I fell in love with the continuity of care aspect.
I am a birth junkie and love hearing a great birth story. I believe we can learn a lot about people through story telling and listening. Having grown up and currently living in rural Victoria, I am passionate about providing high quality midwife led care to people in country Victoria and look forward to being able to provide more choice for birthing people living outside the metropolitan setting. Having recently become a mother myself, I have a new interest in matrescence and how we as midwives can support this transition.
Outside of work I love spending time out in the garden with my partner James and son Walter.