- Diploma of Health Science Newcastle University 1989-1991
- Bachelor of Nursing University of New England 1993
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery Newcastle University 1994-1995
- Graduate Certificate Midwifery (Prescribing) Flinders University 2012.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Griffith University 2016-current
- Midwife since 1995, an expert clinician with private practice experience for the last 13 years
- In the first group of Medicare midwives in Australia
- Extensive policy, regulatory, professional and educational background including Adjunct Associate Professor Griffith University
My goal is to ensure that every woman in Australia has a midwife who she knows providing care in birth. Lots of women also need an obstetrician as well and my other aim is the obstetricians and midwives work really well together when needed.
I am passionate that every woman feels informed, safe, respected and cared for during this special time in her life.
My family are vital, I have two amazing teenage sons and a younger daughter who I love with all my heart.
I work really hard because I love what I do, but I love spending time at home, travel, good friends and relaxing.