Calmbirth philosophy is based on the belief that pregnancy, labour and birth are normal life events and that birth should be a calm and joyful experience. Calmbirth classes aim to educate couples about the birthing process and how to trust in the body’s natural ability to birth their baby; whilst alleviating fear and anxiety.
What to expect
Calmbirth classes are designed to give couples an understanding of:
- How fear and tension can affect the normal physiology of labour and birth
- How to keep hormones at an optimal level and how they can have a positive effect on labour and birth
- Structure and function of the uterine muscle
- The stages of labour and the normal birth process
- How to work together as a couple to achieve a calm, harmonious birth experience
- The importance of bonding with your baby during pregnancy and after birth
Developing birth skills
Calmbirth will also teach couples how to develop practical skills including:
- Relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques
- Light touch massage
- Skills for partners/supports to assist women in labour and birth
- How to create a calm birthing environment
To book classes at our Brunswick clinic please click here.
To book classes at our Epping clinic please click here.