L G B T I Q + Birth Classes
Our specialised childbirth education classes are tailored for the LGBTIQ+ community.
The class will be presented by Jess Permezel, a queer parent and experienced childbirth educator. Jess has a wealth of personal knowledge and professional experience and you'll love her as much as we do.
Topics covered in these classes include;
- Preparing for a positive birth experience
- Building a great birth team
- Navigating social and legal hurdles
- Understanding the birthing process and phases
- Hormones and the role in labour
- Working with your body in labour
- Providing labour support
- Understanding the needs of a newborn baby
- Breastfeeding, chestfeeding and lactation induction
- Adjusting to parenthood
- Physical changes after birth
These classes are for all queer identified families and we aim to provide an inclusive, safe space for all who attend.
The class is a full Saturday OR Sunday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Included are morning and afternoon tea and information booklets to take home.
Cost: $320/couple. For more information on dates and booking, please click here