Would you like to be part of a story that is to change the face of maternity care in Australia?
2017 marks the beginning of a new way of doing business for our team. My Midwives is a private midwifery practice with a number of branches across Australia. Our management team are seeking expressions of interest from midwives of all levels of experience who are keen to make a difference. Our private practice offers midwives with a Medicare provider number Professional Indemnity insurance and an opportunity to be credentialed in the hospitals where we provide birth care. We pay a salary which depends on experience. We are employing in a range of locations so encourage any interested people to apply. We are also prepared to employ across a range of hours, so also encourage those wanting part time work to apply.
- Be prepared to work as a midwife, rather than an obstetric nurse. This means that we work providing care to women from early pregnancy through to six weeks after birth in a continuity of care model.
- See the pregnancy, birth and post birth period as essential to developing women and their families.
- Have a focus on the women, rather than the hours or money. We want your primary goal to be that women get the best care possible.
- Be a reflective practitioner. You need to be able to learn constantly and be prepared to reflect and change as needed.
Not be a time waster. My Midwives needs to change the world, we do not want people who are not prepared to remain with us for at least 12 months.
- Close to three years full time experience as a midwife, post graduation.
- Caseload experience
- Those who have an existing Medicare provider number are strongly encouraged to apply
Expressions of Interest