Working with My Midwives
Giving all women access to an optimal start in mothering through excellence in midwifery services and continuity of care.
INSPIRE. AWAKEN. IGNITE. SERVE. The unique inner power of women. – MY MIDWIVES
Do you want to work in partnership with women?
My Midwives Toowoomba offers midwives the opportunity to work in partnership with women, providing continuous care throughout pregnancy, birth and postbirth care. Our philosophy is entrenched in the normality of birth, promoting midwifery care as a real choice for all women. So if you want to work autonomously, manage your own case load and use all of your considerable professional skills to help women have a positive birth experience, come and join us! Opportunities exist for midwives and graduate midwives.
Who are we?
My Midwives Toowoomba was the first midwifery practice of its kind in Australia – providing safe, high quality community-based midwifery care for women and their families, with visiting access to Toowoomba Hospital. Since opening in 2010, we have cared for more than 500 mothers.
Our midwives provide personalised pregnancy, birth and postbirth services for all women and their families. The majority of our midwives have Medicare provider numbers and prescribing rites giving women the opportunity to receive a Medicare rebate for our care.
A unique way of working Our unique model of care enables midwives to work flexibly and autonomously. This means that midwives can provide a flexible service that meets the needs of mothers but also ensures a work/life balance based on their own family’s needs. My Midwives have full accountability for the women in their care – with support from their midwifery “partner” and our senior midwifery management team.
Each FTE My Midwives midwife is the primary caregiver for the maximum of 40 women.
Why work for My Midwives?
My Midwives is a supportive, progressive and innovative organisation that is committed to enabling all midwives the opportunity to practice community based continuity of care midwifery. We see this as a benefit to midwives, mothers and babies.
- National Award with Individual Flexibility Agreements.
- Professional Development opportunities
- 6 weeks annual leave (Pro Rata)
- Job satisfaction that is second to none.
A Trusted Local Service
- 2015 Winners of the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Walking Group
- 2014 Heritage Bank Business of the Year
- Division Winners of the 2014 Heritage Bank Business Excellence Awards
- Category Winners of the 2014 Heritage Bank Business Excellence Awards
- Division Winners of the 2013 Heritage Bank Business Excellence Awards
- Category Winners of the 2013 Heritage Bank Business Excellence Awards
- Highly Commended for the 2013 Premiers Award for Innovation and Leadership
- Winner of the 2013 Medicare Local Awards