My Midwives Perth was established in 2014 out of a growing need for continuity of midwifery care in the Perth metropolitan area. My Midwives Perth has a philosophy of excellence in midwifery care for all women and is committed to providing their clients with the opportunity to experience safe, evidenced based care with a known midwife from the beginning of their pregnancy until their baby is six weeks old.
Our midwives understand that this one of the most important transitions in your life. You are always supported, heard, cared for and respected. My Midwives Perth offers a holistic model of care that supports the mother and baby’s physical, emotional and social wellbeing. We spend time with you to form strong and trusting relationships. Above all, we strive to ensure you feel informed, safe and confident throughout your pregnancy, birth and beyond.
We offer a range of services and options that enable women to access their care in the community and, at times, in their own home.
- An initial, bulk billed, visit explaining your options and choices in pregnancy, birth and post birth care
- Continued care with a known midwife through pregnancy, birth and post birth to six weeks postnatal
- A bulk billed clinic run by midwifery students with supervision from an experienced midwife
- Access to a midwife 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
- Home or Hospital Birth
- Hospital Birth as a public or private patient ( at certain public hospital sites in Perth metro)
- Water immersion and water birthing at home/hospital
- Support to achieve a natural and active birth
- Referral for routine antenatal screening – blood tests and ultrasounds
- Prescribing of medications as required
- Shared care with your GP or other practitioner (if they agree)
- Group pregnancy education
- Early parenting education
- Referral to other health professionals as required
- Antenatal and/or postnatal care packages (excluding labour)
- Choice for antenatal and postnatal home visiting
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Medicare rebates available
- Medicredit or payment plan options
We are pleased to offer the following Groups; classes; workshops
- Mums n Bubs Group runs once a month with guest speakers and opportunities for informal catch up - runs the first Tuesday of every month from 1130- 130pm. Tea and coffee provided.
- Active Birth classes – run every second month for 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon. Afternoon tea provided.
Meet The My Midwives Perth Team
Why Choose UsThe My Midwives Perth team are committed to using their unique skills, knowledge and experience to;
- Guide you from the discovery of pregnancy through to 6 weeks after your birth
- Provide continuity of care in collaboration with your other care providers
- Empower you with knowledge
- Enable you to replace fear of labour with excitement about your journey into parenthoodSupport your choices
- Give you the space to ask for help when you need it
- Inform you about your choices regarding where to give birth, how to manage labour and how to care for your new family member